How We Collect and Use Information
We collect the following types of information about you:
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, real name, birthdate, address, phone number, and email address when you register for a MegaKindle account.
- Messages you send through the Service and information you provide in User Content you post to the Service.
- We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Service.
Information we may receive from third parties:
- Information from third-party connections or log-ins, such as Facebook Connect, and any information you have permitted the third party to share with us.
- We may collect analytics data to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service.
- We may send cookies to your computer to uniquely identify your browser and enhance your navigation through the site.
Log file information:
- Information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, etc.
- Information from your mobile device, including a universally unique identifier (“UUID”).
- Information regarding the location of your mobile device.
Commercial and marketing communications:
- We use the information we collect to communicate with you, such as newsletters, promotions, and special offers.
Sharing of Your Information
We may share your Personal Information for the purposes specified below:
- With third-party business partners and Trusted Users to provide the Service to you.
- With third-party advertising services to display ads on the Service.
- In the event of a change of control, such as a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy.
- Where required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to comply with the law.
How We Store and Protect Your Information
Storage and Processing:
- Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where MegaKindle or its service providers maintain facilities.
Keeping your information safe:
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service.
Compromise of information:
- In a security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and notify affected individuals.
Your Choices about Your Information
- You control your account information and settings.
- You may opt out of collecting your information for Tracking/Advertising.
- You may update your account information and email communication preferences at any time.
How long we keep your private profile information:
- Following the termination of your User account, MegaKindle may retain your personal profile information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes.